Professional Dietetics research has been focused on three distinct areas:
Central to the company’s ethos has always been a commitment to clinical research and patents.
From the synergy of clinical studies and clinical experience, in recent years new formulations with indications in specific diseases have been prepared and deposited as Foods for Special Medical Purposes. Continuous research of Food for Special Medical Purposes for dietary management in the following areas:
» Sarcopenia » Stroke » Heart failure » Neurology » Pre/post-surgery » Liver disease
» Kidney disease and dialysis » COPD » Mucositis » Palliative care.
- Stimulation of the production of mitochondria
- Reduction of the oxidative status
- Stimulation of the synthesis of plasma and muscle proteins
- Reduction of muscle fibrosis degree
The second type of formulations developed by Professional Dietetics exerts its actions on all types of skin lesions and mucous membranes, as skin lesions and mucositis have the same tissue repair mechanism. The goal was to develop products that could accelerate the repair mechanism in different therapeutic areas.
- Oral lesions, including surgical (AMINOGAM)
- Injuries in proctology (RAGAMIN and PROCTAMIN)
- Wounds, sores and skin lesions (VULNAMIN)
- Mucositis and dermatitis induced by radio-chemotherapy (MUCOSAMIN and RADIODERM)
- Nasal lesions (RINAMIN)
Intra-dermic and intra-articular
Due to the experience of specific formulations of hyaluronic acid and amino acids for topical use, Professional Dietetics has developed a new formulation for biorevitalisation that, as well as stimulating the production of collagen, also raises the level of elastin and gives greater elasticity to the skin. This composition has been developed in 3 different formulations: infiltrative injectable (SUNEKOS), cosmetic (NUTRAKOS) and a drinkable food supplement (NUTRAKOS). PROTENDENE is a formulation for intra-articular injection to stimulate chondrocytes proliferation improving cartilage quality.
Professional Dietetics has always aimed to become a global company, though, it was in 2016 that it marked a real step in this direction.
2016, in fact, can be defined as the “turning point year”: new scientific evidence, obtaining international patents and the recognition of the products high potential gave the necessary momentum to begin a new course – the International one.
All of this led to the establishment of Professional Dietetics International at the beginning of 2016.
Professional Dietetics International’s main goal is: conquer foreign markets through a network of business partners that can promote and develop products – already known to the Italian market – whilst ensuring an on-going research into products innovation.
Hyaluronic acid and amino acid formula:
- Promotes and accelerates wound healing through the direct effects of keratinocyte proliferation and migration.25
- Stimulates fibroblast migration and proliferation, thereby enhancing formation of granulation tissue and collagen deposition.26
- Stimulates the expression of vascular endothelial growth faction (VEGF) by fibroblasts, resulting in the formation of blood vessels.27